MSHS CLASS OF 1966
I'm sad to report that we've recently lost two classmates -- Patricia McDowell Pastories passed away on June 13th and Kathleen (Kathy) Hofman Craddock passed away on June 25, 2018.
70TH BIRTHDAY PARTY UPDATE
FRIDAY - AUGUST 17, 2018 – STRATIGOS BANQUET CENTRE, 131 Colonial Manor Road, North Huntingdon
6:00 – 10:00 pm
Event Committee members recently visited Stratigos Banquet Center to finalize details for our upcoming 70th Birthday Party. Our banquet room will be set for tables of eight with ample room to move about the room. If the weather cooperates, we can take advantage of an outdoor area as well. A Welcome Table will be located at the entrance to our banquet room...stop by, say hello, and pick up your name tag!
Schedule for the evening:
6 - 7 Cocktail Hour
7 Welcome Remarks - Jim Duffy
7 - 8 Dinner
8 - 10 Music from the 60's, 70's, and 80's provided by DJ Johnny Z and DJ Kitten for your listening and dancing pleasure!
- No formal program
- Casual attire
- Cash Bar
- The evening's menu will include
Top Round of Beef au jus, Chicken Romano, and Catappi Pasta with Marinara Sauce
Green Beans Almandine
Medley of Seasonal Vegetables
Bread and Butter
Coffee - Tea -- Iced Tea
A SPECIAL BIRTHDAY DESSERT!!
Stratigos will gladly accommodate those with food sensitivities/allergies with sufficient advance notice. Send your request to me no later than August 10, 2018 using the "Contact Us" tab on the left.
It's not too late to join your former classmates for an evening of fun, laughter and reminiscing at our 70th Birthday Celebration. If your name is not on the "Attendee List" (tab on the left) and you would like to join your former classmates, simply send me a note using the "Contact Us" tab indicating the number attending (1 or 2) and I will add your name to the list. If your name is already on the list and you find that you are no longer able to attend, once again, send me a note using the "Contact Us" tab and I'll remove your name from the Attendee List.
As mentioned last month, the following photos will be taken during the evening...
1) Table shots - So that e everyone can be identified, an index card will be provided on each table and we ask that each person at the table list his/her name.
2) Married Classmates
3) Classmates attending the varous elementary schools in McKeesport. I appreciate your overwhelming response providing the names of the many elementary schools in McKeesport back in the day. Now I'm asking those attending the party to respond to this note providing the name of the elementary school in McKeesport that you attended. Once that information is received, identification boards for each school represented will be prepared for each group.
The cost to attend the Birthday Party is $35 per person.
Your check should be payable to: MSHS '66
Send your check to: Jim Duffy, 226 Main Street, Irwin, PA 15642.
Payment is due now.
SATURDAY - AUGUST 18, 2018
The fun continues with CELEBLAST VI beginning at 7 pm on Saturday evening, August 18 at the recently reopened Boston Waterfront Restaurant! There is no charge for admission and no advance reservations required. Food and drink will be plentiful and available for purchase. With both indoor and outdoor seating, there will be plenty of room to munch, mingle and dance to your favorite oldies. CeleBlast will provide the opportunity to continue socializing with not only your Class of '66 friends, but many other McKeesporters graduating in the years before and after us! The restaurant is located at 2422 St. David Drive, Boston, PA 15132 and is handicap accessible.
Things to keep in mind -
ONGOING - Consider dropping by the Twin Oaks Lounge on the first Wednesday of every month (6:00 hour) to spend some time with former classmates and McKeesporters while enjoying a bite to eat. Twin Oaks is located in the Rainbow Village Shopping Center in White Oak.
- For those traveling from outside the area, take a look at the 'Travelers Info' tab on the left. The site provides detailed information including accommodation and restaurant suggestions and a listing of the many things to see and do while in the McKeesport/Pittsburgh metropolitan area.
- A local long-time favorite attraction, International Village 2018, will be held on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thrusday August 14, 15, and 16!
- NEW for those living in the McKeesport area, a replica of the Vietnam Wall Memorial will be on display at Jimmy Long Field in Renzie Park 24 hours a day from August 9 through 12.
Change of Address – If you have a change in your contact information (address, phone number or email), drop me a note using the "Contact Us" tab and I will update our records.
If you have ANY questions, you can get in touch with me directly using the "Contact Us" tab. Your message will come only to me and I will respond promptly.
I not only look forward to seeing you in August, I enjoy hearing from you anytime!
Donna Juhasz Bruce